I have just had a lovely surprise....an email popped into my box from Spyder and she has given me a blog award! I am so chuffed as if is only the second one I have been given. I have a lot to thank Spyder for as it was she who was kind enough to point me in the right direction when I first decided to enter blogland. I found her blog after seeing her on the Card Making World forum. I was impressed by the layout of her blog etc and she was kind enough to give me advise on setting up mine. My blog has been through a couple of layouts since then, but it all started there.....so many thanks Spyder.
The rules of this award are:-
To thanks the person awarding to you:- thanks again Spyder.
To share 8 things about yourself on your blog and then to pass on to 8 fellow bloggers:-
Question is what can I tell you that won't send you to sleep??
1. I love to cook, when my kids were small they were both picky eaters and wouldn't eat most of what I made them, so I gave up most cooking in favour of things they would eat, predominantly out of a packet and into the oven type food. But now they love my cooking and it makes me very happy to produce a meal that they all enjoy.
2. I hate housework.....ALL HOUSEWORK!!
3. I love to read...anything I can get my hands on really.
4. I am so proud of my Daughter, passing her test first time (I took 3 goes at it)
5. My Art teacher at school took me to one side and strongly suggested that I shouldn't take Art GCSE as I didn't have a creative bone in my body....I was crushed and mortified! Yah Boo Sucks to you Mr Chips if you are still out there (yes that really was his name!)
6. I refused to go to college or University.....because the teachers were too pushy and all just assumed I would go. Had a rebellious streak back then.
7. I went into banking and ended up managing a local branch before leaving to have the children.
8. My ambition is to pass with flying colours the PaperCraft Certificate course I am about to start....maybe that will lead to a new career...you never know.
Ok that is me then,now who do I pass the award to?
Chrissie- Simply one of a kind
Julia- The Stamping Ground
Penny- Penny Duncan Creations
Jan- Loves to Craft
Ikki- Ikki's Cuttlebug Cupboard
and to three people I don't really know, but those blogs I admire and follow with interest:-
Kerry- A load of old pickle
Christina- Christina's creative moments
Mandy- Crafty fox cards
Ok that is me done for today....have a good weekend everyone!